Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.Halloween is a celebration of Evil that occurs each October 31st and is clearly the single day each year that Satan and his forces are glorified by many. I don't think many would argue if this is called the darkest day of the year. Do you wonder if there are any references in the Bible to this day of darkness?
I believe there are strong indications in the Bible of this day of darkness. These are just patterns I see in the Bible's numbers and text and every person has to decide what they think - so I'll provide evidences and let you decide what they might mean. I think Halloween and October 31st and the numbers 10/31 are found in the scriptures in multiple places.
You might begin by thinking about the darkest event and day associated with Christianity in the Bible - There is little doubt that Jesus crucifixion was the day death ruled Jesus was dead and buried. If Halloween and 10/31 were a number of a dark day then we should find it associated with this historical event....it is. In two places we find 1031 associated with Jesus forsaken...
- The 1031st verse of the Book of Matthew - Matt 27:46 About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?" that is, "MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?"
- In The 1031st verse of Luke, Peter denied knowing Jesus three times Luke 22:60 But Peter said, "Man, I do not know what you are talking about." Immediately, while he was still speaking, a rooster crowed.
Everyone should agree that Halloween is related to evil spirits of many forms. The Bible's number 13 and 31 are often related to spiritual things - both the Holy Spirit as well as the forces of Satan. Here's two examples of chapters associated with spiritual things...
Acts 13, the Bibles 1031st chapter...(10/31)
The Bible's 1031st chapter is full of references to both evil spirits and the Holy Spirit and both 13 and 31 are numbers found related to topics of the spirit. The entire chapter is devoted to both evil spirits and God's Holy Spirit. You can see this in Acts 13:10 (10/31) ..
"You who are full of all deceit and fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness.."
The chapter begins and ends with statements about being filled with the Holy Spirit, and the context of the entire chapter is about spiritual things. Here are some of the spirit related events found in the 1031st chapter:
- Filled with the Holy Spirit (13:2)
- Sent by the Holy Spirit (13:4)
- The Holy Spirit through Paul turned against Elymas the magician (13:10--10/31?)
- David was declared by God to be a "MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART" (spirit) (13:22)
- God promised "I WILL GIVE YOU THE HOLY SPIRIT" (13:34)
- God would not allow the holy one to "DECAY" (4 times - 13:34,35,36,37)
- Concluding verse of the chapter Acts 13:52 the disciples were continually filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit
The Bibles 1103rd chapter...
As I was researching evil spirit/darkness verses, I could not go without mentioning Ephesians 6:12...
Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.I was very surprised when I noticed that this chapter is the 1103rd chapter of the Bible - notice it contains the same digits as 1031? (1,1,0 3 vs 1,0,3,1). Patterns in Biblical numerics show the digits of a number have more significance than their order. It is unlikely this number association is coincidence. Especially since 6:12 is related to 666 (6 & 6+6), the number of the beast.
I've quickly put together these 1031 number associations and their relationship to Halloween as I've just observed them in the last couple of days -- and since today is Halloween, I felt it important to get it out quickly. Forgive any editing errors or lack of detail included. I hope you can see, as I do, that Halloween happening on October 31st or 10/31 seems no coincidence to God. It happens on God's numbers associated with days of darkness.