Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Amazing...Was Jesus crucified on year of Jubilee (500)? Psalm 22 is an image of the Crucifixion and is the Bible's 500th chapter

I was reading on the website (http://www.growthingod.org.uk/jubilee.htm) that Jesus was Crucified on a year of the 80th Jubilee. That 490 years (reckoned as 500 years) relates to the 70 sevens (7*70=490) that is the time from the Jewish return from Babylon to Jesus crucifixion (Dan 9:24).
Dan 9:24 "Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.
I'm not good at calculating numbers but have observed the relationship between the number 500 and Jubilee being related to Jesus death since the time I realized that Psalm 22 is the 500th Bible chapter --- a catch your breath realization when you take it in. (selected verses below...)
Psa 22:1 My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.
 
Psa 22:7 All who see me sneer at me; They separate with the lip, they wag the head, {saying,}
 
Psa 22:14 I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me.
 
Psa 22:17 I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me;
Psa 22:18 They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots.
 
Psa 22:22 I will tell of Your name to my brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
 
Psa 22:30 Posterity will serve Him; It will be told of the Lord to the {coming} generation.
Psa 22:31 They will come and will declare His righteousness To a people who will be born, that He has performed it.

Even though I can't calculate the numbers myself, it makes perfect sense that Jesus was Crucified on the 500th year of Jubilee and isn't it perfection that the picture of this event is found precisely in the Bible's 500th chapter (KJV, NIV, NASB...). I'm taking the opportunity of writing a letter to Mr. Beecham to share this new found knowledge on this blog. Here's an email I just sent off to him...

Mr. Beecham,

I write about patterns of Biblical numbers and have studied them for more than 10 years now. Curiously, my brain observes patterns very well, but when it comes to adding/figuring numbers, I’m absolutely terrible. I say that because efforts like calculating the dates of the Jubilees are something I leave to others to do. I was reading your website on Jubilees as I have believed for a few years now that God’s number 500 was related to Jubilee and Jesus being the one that set Christians free. I actually did not realize that is was said that Jesus crucifixion was on Jubilee – a perfect fit to my next statement --- I started thinking about 500 and Jubilee when I observed that Psalm 22 (of course, Jesus on the Cross) is the Bible’s 500th chapter – just one example of God’s perfectly organized word.

Just thought I’d write and pass this little fact along that you might want to consider in your writings. Other examples of the DNA like perfection in God’s Word is the 1000th chapter of the Bible being John 3, home of John 3:16; the exact middle chapter of the Bible is Psalm 117 which is the shortest and only two verse chapter in the Bible…Praise the LORD. Also, the 777th chapter is Jeremiah 32 where the Lord promises to save Israel. You can observe these numbers on your own if you have access to a Dake’s Annotated Bible which lists OT/NT chapter numbers.

I’m getting carried away…

God bless and thanks for your writings,
Norm Patriquin

No comments:

Post a Comment