Evidence of the consistency of symbolism related to God’s numbers is found throughout the scriptures; in the text; in chapter numbers; in verse numbers; and in the DNA like perfection of the cross Bible verse and chapter numbering. Watch for these themes whenever you see forms of the number 53 in your Bible reading. As you personally observe the preponderance of the evidence for the symbolism for #53, you will come to become more and more convinced of the unspeakable miracle of the supernatural construction of the Bible.
Patterns in God’s numbers. Number 53 and similar numbers (153, 353…) point to; resurrection; being lifted up; being taken to live with God; God’s house; the inheritance of being lifted up (saved); resurrected and other related meanings. On the negative side, #53 can also point to the opposite of being lifted up/resurrected and be related to being cast down; death; the taking of life.
Fifty-three in scripture text...
A couple of well known scriptural examples related to number 53 are:
- Salvation -- Psalm 53 which is also the Bible’s 531st chapter - Psa 53:6 Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion.
- Resurrection -- The 153 fish lifted up -- John 21:11 Simon Peter went up and drew the net to land, full of large fish, a hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not torn. – (no souls were lost)
- Lifting up to safety -- The dimensions of the ark that lifted up the faithful to safety are found in the Bible's 153rd verse and included 3-5-3 -- Gen 6:15 "This is how you shall make it: the length of the ark three hundred cubits, its breadth fifty cubits, and its height thirty cubits.
- Elijah being taken up by a whirlwind (lifted to eternal life) The 315th Bible chapter and the 9553rd Bible verse -- 2Kin 2:1 And it came about when the LORD was about to take up Elijah by a whirlwind to heaven…
- Appearing before the Glory of God -- The 53rd Bible verse in the 53rd Bible chapter – Abraham on his face before the Glory of God, the burning bush. -- Exo 3:6 He said also, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.
Verse number fifty-threes...
There are 48 verse number fifty-threes in the Bible. I have included many of them here to show how they also these same themes mentioned above.
Inheritence - being given rewards of salvation, eternal life with God
· Num 26:53 "Among these the land shall be divided for an inheritance according to the number of names.
· 1Kin 8:53 "For You have separated them from all the peoples of the earth as Your inheritance, …
· Num 33:53 and you shall take possession of the land and live in it, for I have given the land to you to possess it.
· Gen 24:53 The servant brought out articles of silver and articles of gold, and garments, and gave them to Rebekah…
· Num 31:53 The men of war had taken booty, every man for himself.
· 1Sam 17:53 The sons of Israel returned…and plundered their camps.
· Luke 1:53 "HE HAS FILLED THE HUNGRY WITH GOOD THINGS; And sent away the rich empty-handed.
Resurrection - departing from this world, traveling to heaven...·
· Matt 27:53 and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many.
· Matt 13:53 When Jesus had finished these parables, He departed from there.
· Luke 9:53 But they did not receive Him, because He was traveling toward Jerusalem. – (House of God)
Going to our home, being restored
John 7:53 [Everyone went to his home.
· 1Kin 1:53 …he came and prostrated himself before King Solomon, and Solomon said to him, "Go to your house."
· Mrk 6:53 When they had crossed over they came to land at Gennesaret, and moored to the shore. (like crossing over to heaven?)
· Psa 78:53 He led them safely, so that they did not fear; But the sea engulfed their enemies.
· Eze 16:53 "Nevertheless, I will restore their captivity…and along with them your own captivity,
· Luke 22:53 "While I was with you daily in the temple…
· Luke 24:53 and were continually in the temple praising God.