A post on a Holy Bible forum mentioned that Ezekiel 20:25 was one of scripture's strange verses. Why would God do this?
Eze 20:25 "I also gave them statutes that were not good and ordinances by which they could not live;I thought I might look for other verses that were a bit different and, since I know that like referenced verses (verses with the same chapter and verse number) have some common aspects to their meaning, I examined these other 20:25 referenced Bible verses. I think they are also different and tend to make you think twice about what they say after you read them. Look at this interesting set of verses and see if you find they might fit in a category of "Verses that cause you to pause". I post them here as interesting Holy Bible anomalys and as further evidence for the consistency patterns with the Bible's numbering. These are all the Bible's 20:25 verses. I've underlined some of the text of a few of the best examples:
- Exo 20:25 'If you make an altar of stone for Me, you shall not build it of cut stones, for if you wield your tool on it, you will profane it.
- Lev 20:25 'You are therefore to make a distinction between the clean animal and the unclean, and between the unclean bird and the clean; and you shall not make yourselves detestable by animal or by bird or by anything that creeps on the ground, which I have separated for you as unclean.
- Num 20:25 "Take Aaron and his son Eleazar and bring them up to Mount Hor;
- Judg 20:25 Benjamin went out against them from Gibeah the second day and felled to the ground again 18,000 men of the sons of Israel; all these drew the sword.
- 1Sam 20:25 The king sat on his seat as usual, the seat by the wall; then Jonathan rose up and Abner sat down by Saul's side, but David's place was empty.
- 2Sam 20:25 and Sheva was scribe, and Zadok and Abiathar were priests;
- 1Kin 20:25 and muster an army like the army that you have lost, horse for horse, and chariot for chariot. Then we will fight against them in the plain, and surely we will be stronger than they." And he listened to their voice and did so.
- 2Chr 20:25 When Jehoshaphat and his people came to take their spoil, they found much among them, including goods, garments and valuable things which they took for themselves, more than they could carry. And they were three days taking the spoil because there was so much.
- Job 20:25 "It is drawn forth and comes out of his back, Even the glittering point from his gall. Terrors come upon him,
- Prov 20:25 It is a trap for a man to say rashly, "It is holy!" And after the vows to make inquiry.
- Eze 20:25 "I also gave them statutes that were not good and ordinances by which they could not live;
- Matt 20:25 But Jesus called them to Himself and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them.
- Luke 20:25 And He said to them, "Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
- John 20:25 So the other disciples were saying to him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."
- Act 20:25 "And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will no longer see my face.