The Bible's Chapter and Verse Numbers have Divine Meaning
What I'm presenting below, of course, sounds impossible given that everyone knows the Bible was written by about 40 different authors over a period of 2000 years. There's incredible evidence we have that confirms it a ridiculous thought that the Bible is divinely numbered and the numbers have common meanings throughout it. Preposterous! ... But remember what scripture reminds us...
Luke 18:27 ...The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.Simply put, the clear and obvious evidence for a divinely numbered Bible defies our logic and knowledge about how the Bible was written. The number/text evidence demands we conclude only a supernatural God could have accomplished what we know to be impossible.
Isa 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
I believe those willing to risk some time investing this impossible claim will be rewarded with a completely new awareness of the miracle of God's Word. With this knowledge you will experience great new revelations about scripture with every reading. I hope you take a few minutes to ponder this amazing possibility.
The Bible's 1:14 Like Referenced Verses --Jesus the King Comes to save usAs I have explained in other AmazingWord Blog Posts, the Bible has been divinely numbered, with every number having symbolic significance. This means chapter and verse numbers reflect themes found in their text.
Because of this numbering/text relationship, you can observe common themes across scripture verses with like referenced chapter and verse. In addition to this being strong evidence for a God-authored inerrant KJV Bible, it becomes an aid to interpretation.
Number 14The number fourteen has symbolism related to the warrior and King, Lord Jesus who will one day come to save his elect. Passover is the celebration of the Lord passing over those marked for God and killing the first born son of those in the land. Passover is celebrated on the 14th of the Jewish month.
The Like Referenced 1:14 Bible VersesBy looking at the Bible's 1:14 verses we experience an intense awareness of Jesus the King. These verses each help build a picture of this Jesus and how fearful we should be of him, but also, what a great blessing it is to be under his protection. These 1:14 verses also confirm to us the prophecy is true about Jesus future return. Using the like referenced verses, God confirms to us in a very Godly structured and perfect way (as opposed to random verses) that this is one of his important messages to us.
Below I have sorted and grouped the Bible's 1:14 verses in such a way as to help point out the themes found in this collection. The entire set speaks in some way about Jesus return or events surrounding his return. In some cases they instill upon us the need for his return. Of course, these are my opinions. Like any Bible study, I know others will develop their own sense of what the collection teaches. The most important take-away is to realize like referenced verses do contain some thread of a common theme running through them.
(Other posts in my blog or on my website provide many other examples of like-referenced verses)=============================================================================================
Teaching us of the Lord's return to save his people (past and present)
- Zep 1:14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.
- Jude 1:14 ...saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
- 2Kin 1:14 Behold, there came fire down from heaven, and burnt up the two captains of the former fifties with their fifties...
- Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; (Jesus as he returns for us)
- Eze 1:14 And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
- Jer 1:14 Then the LORD said unto me, Out of the north an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land.
- 2Cor 1:14 ...we are your rejoicing, even as ye also are our's in the day of the Lord Jesus.
- Mal 1:14 ... for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.
- Zech 1:14 ...Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.
- Josh 1:14 ...but ye shall pass before your brethren armed, all the mighty men of valor, and help them;
- Amo 1:14 But I will kindle a fire in the wall of Rabbah... with shouting in the day of battle, with a tempest in the day of the whirlwind:
- Oba 1:14 ...neither shouldest thou have delivered up those of his that did remain in the day of distress.
- Jnah 1:14 Wherefore they cried unto the LORD, and said, We beseech thee, O LORD, we beseech thee, let us not perish for this man's life...
- Nahm 1:14 ...out of the house of thy gods will I cut off the graven image and the molten image: I will make thy grave; for thou art vile.
Jesus has come to us as a man
- John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
- Luke 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
- Mrk 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
- 1Kin 1:14 Behold, while thou yet talkest there with the king, I also will come in after thee, and confirm thy words.
- 2Chr 1:14 And Solomon gathered chariots and horsemen: ... which he placed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.
- 3Joh 1:14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. ....
The Saving Redemption of Jesus (as in the Passover)
- Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
- Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: (speaking of the signs of his future return?)
- Lam 1:14 The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand... the LORD hath delivered me into their hands, from whom I am not able to rise up.
- Joel 1:14 Sanctify ye a fast, call a solemn assembly, gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the LORD your God, and cry unto the LORD,
- Hag 1:14 And the LORD stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel ... and the spirit of Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest,... and they came and did work in the house of the LORD of hosts, their God,
Speaking of the persecuted which the Lord returns to give justice to?
- Hab 1:14 And makest men as the fishes of the sea, as the creeping things, that have no ruler over them?
- Isa 1:14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
- Exo 1:14 And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in mortar, and in brick, and in all manner of service...wherein they made them serve...
- 2Sam 1:14 And David said unto him, How wast thou not afraid to stretch forth thine hand to destroy the LORD's anointed?