The mystery of the meaning of the number six-hundred and sixty-six quoted in Revelation 13:18 remains a debated topic because the number 666 is only mentioned in this single Bible verse. But is it? A recent discovery uncovers number 666 hidden throughout the Bible within the text. This post presents twenty-three verses clearly associated with number 666 revealing new facts about about what this number means.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six (666).
In a previous post noted above, I explained how cross Bible verse sequence numbers (1 to 31,102) have meaning. These numbers are not seen in the Bible’s we have today but can be determined by numbering every verse in scripture from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21 (Using the KJV or other like numbered Bible versions). Following are a couple of examples to help show the concept of cross-Bible verse numbers.
Impossible? Keep reading so as not to miss the miracle of this seemingly impossible claim that cross-Bible verse sequence numbers tie directly to the text
Job 5:8-9 “As for me, I would seek God...who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number:
- · The 16,666th verse of the Bible is Proverbs 10:9 … he that perverts his ways shall be known.
- · The 17,666th verse of the Bible is Isaiah 1:11 “To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.”
- · The 29,666th verse of the Bible is 2 Thessalonians 2:4 “…Who opposes and exalts himself above all… so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”.
- · (These and 20 more examples presented below)
Another evidence supporting the theme of great sin for number 666 can be found in the 666th Bible chapter of Ecclesiastes chapter 20 which speaks of wickedness on earth. -- Ecc 7:20 “For there is not a just man upon earth, that does good, and does not sin”.
This article will demonstrate strong evidence for the intentional cross-Bible numbering pattern found in the Bible and that the numbering is directly related to the text it is associated with. This goes for every different number, not just 666. The 666 related evidence is simply one example of how perfect the Bible’s numbering is. It is an amazing experience to see these numbers for yourself as they cause us to realize that every verse in the Bible must be present in its exact location for this pattern to exist. This pattern is one of thousands of number evidences that point to an inerrant divinely created Bible.
This pattern could not be contrived as it validates itself to be consistent. The 666 verses are exactly 1000 verses apart and the text they are associated with cannot be moved. For the pattern to be correct one must observe a preponderance of evidence each 666 verse lands on a verse strongly related to sin. The examples shown clearly demonstrate this preponderance of evidence.
Take particular note how the evidence points to extreme examples of sin such as the 29,666th Bible verse -- 2Thelessions 2:4 where the anti-Christ takes the throne pointing himself to be God. – “Who opposes and exalts himself above all… so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”. This is not a casual verse that happens to be about sin, instead, it may be the strongest verse in the Bible about evil! The other evidences are similarly compelling. BTW, This pattern only exists perfectly in the KJV and like numbered translations.
Compare to the nn888th cross-Bible verse numbers
In the previous post mentioned above, I showed the Bible’s cross number verses ending with nn,888 explaining the number 888 pointed to Jesus whose name can be expressed with the gematria number 888. To demonstrate these 888 related evidences are not just happenstance, I’m writing this article showing this numbering pattern is also seen in more numbers than 888. This example of 666 demonstrates the God-given theme for 666 as revealing the numbering pattern. Many believe the number 666 is only explicitly mentioned in scripture related to the beast in Revelation chapter 13. Once you become familiar with the Bible’s numbering you will find references to 666 are scattered all throughout the Bible in many ways. Here’s one you’ve probably overlooked many times: Isa 66:6 “A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that renders recompence to his enemies.”
The Value of this and Similar Number Patterns
Below are presented a list of the Bible’s nn666 verses. Upon examining them you will likely observe how these verses all point to some aspect of; sin, forgiveness, punishment or learning not to sin. I have included twenty-three of the thirty-one verses having a cross-bible verse number ending in 666. As you look at them you might find yourself asking; OK, this is interesting, but how is this information useful to me, an average student of the Bible? If God did this, it must have a purpose. To help answer this question, here are a few reasons God’s number patterns are a great gold mine of value to those who love to study God’s Word:
· GOD’S HIGHLIGHTING: They help us not to overlook the seriousness of the message in the verses about sin. This kind of numerical flag highlighting the verse can cause us to slow down and consider what God is communicating. It’s like God has yellow highlighted these 666 verses for us.
· INERRANT SCRIPTURE: The pattern helps us totally trust the scriptures as only God could have left this impossible pattern for us to discover in these latter days. This perfection in numbering of the Bible should eliminate any doubt we might have about the Bible being complete or being a product of human hands that might have not recorded history correctly.
· DEEPER INTERPRETATION: The numbers help us understand and interpret scripture more deeply. A possible example of this is found in Judges 6:11, the 6,666th verse of the Bible which says, “Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites”. Without seeing the relationship to the number 666 and sin, we might miss the significance of the process of the threshing wheat which separates the wheat from the chaff. This directly compares to how God works to separate us from sin through what is sometimes a difficult and painful process. It also points out the significance of the events that take place in the threshing floor in other parts of scripture.
· CONCORDANCE: These perfect number patterns provide a type of a concordance or index to verses about sin (or other topics depending on the number). If you want to study what God says about sin, you can review the nn,666th verses of the Bible.
(NOTE: I will shortly be releasing an Android/iPhone app that will teach about these number patterns and allow you to look them up for yourself).
· NUMBER THEMES: The pattern provides compelling evidence for understanding God’s theme for number 6 and number 666. The themes for God’s number meanings are determined by recognizing number patterns such as this one and then analyzing them to identify the common textual theme among them. The theme of sin for number six is found throughout the Bible in many ways. For example, Genesis chapter six is the chapter where God makes the decision to cleanse the earth and makes this statement which just happens to be in verse six! Gen 6:6 “And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.”. See other chapter sixes and especially, 6:6 verses to see how six is a number for sin including, consequences and repentance.
The List of 666 verses
Finally, see in the list below the amazingly strong association of the cross-Bible verse numbers ending with the number 666 and sin. See my other blog post regarding the number 888 to help confirm these associations are not a product of happenstance or coincidence. Only an unimaginable God could have created this pattern in His Word.
Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there anything too difficult for me?
RE: Evil and Sin
VERSE #17,666 -- Isa 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
VERSE #29,666 -- 2The 2:4 Who opposes and exalts himself above all… so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
VERSE #16,666 -- Prov 10:9 … he that perverts his ways shall be known.
VERSE #7,666 -- 1Sam 17:47 …the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands.
VERSE #15,666 -- Psa 106:14 But (God’s chosen people) lusted …in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert.
VERSE #1,666 -- Exo 6:10 …speak to Pharaoh… that he let the children of Israel go..
VERSE #4,666 -- Num 31:1 the LORD spoke to Moses… Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites…
VERSE #5,666 -- Deu 28:54 …his eye shall be evil toward his brother…:
VERSE #6,666 -- Judg 6:11 …Gideon threshed wheat by the winepress, to hide it from the Midianites.
VERSE #8,666 -- 2Sam 23:12 … he stood in the midst of the ground, and defended it, and slew the Philistines…
RE: Forgiveness for Sin
VERSE #22,666 -- Mic 7:1 Woe is me! for I am as …the summer fruits…there is no cluster to eat…
VERSE #25,666 -- Luke 17:14 …he said to them, Go show yourselves to the priests. ..as they went, they were cleansed.
VERSE #24,666 -- Mrk 11:25 when ye stand praying, forgive, …that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.
VERSE #19,666 -- Jer 29:30 …the word of the LORD to Jeremiah…Send to all them of the captivity…
VERSE #10,666 -- 1Chr 10:6 So Saul and his three sons and all his house died together.
VERSE #11,666 -- 2Chr 23:9 Jehoiada distributed weapons that had been king David's to overthrow an evil king
VERSE #14,666 -- Psa 49:17 For when he dies he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him.
VERSE #18,666 -- Isa 50:3 I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering.
VERSE #20,666 -- Eze 11:10 You shall fall by the sword; …and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
RE: Doing Good Instead of Sinning
VERSE #26,666 -- John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
VERSE #28,666 -- 1Cor 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet I show to you a more excellent way.
VERSE #30,666 -- 3Joh 1:7 Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.
VERSE #23,666 -- Matt 15:32 Jesus said… I have compassion on the multitude. I will not send them away fasting
(You can examine the full Bible’s numbering on my website Bible at: The AmazingWord Numbered Bible)
I hope you were able to observe the pattern. Do not be worried if you cannot quite take in this evidence. I began seeing these patterns more than 20 years ago and needed thousands of evidences and more than two years of study to finally be 100% convinced they are real. If this article stirs your interest in investigating the patterns more, it has done its job.
If you want many other examples of what God’s Bible numbers mean, see my other posts; my website, twitter or see my book: THE BIBLE'S REDEMPTION PATTERN AND NUMERIC MAP